Team 6: DKar
~~donkey in a car~~
- Aksharan Saravanan, ECE
- Hieu Luu, DSC
- Katada Siraj, MAE
A robot that acts as an aimbot, in that it follows a target and dynamically adjusts a laser pointing at that target. The robot should use OpenCV to detect the target and ROS to guide steering and throttle based on the target position and distance.
- Have the car be able to autonomously follow a target (e.g. a poster board)
- Modify the car to fit a laser pointer that aims at the target
- (Nice-to-have)Recognize targets of different colors and adjust the following distance.
- Alternative: Use depth data from intel to implement throttle control
~~image (original gantt)~~ ~~image (updated gantt)~~
~~image (robot hardware)~~
~~images (for cad models and lasercut board)~~ (and maybe short description?)
~~image (wiring schematic)~~
- Intel RealSense RGBD Camera
- Mini Laser
- Micro Servo
~~images (for each component)
~~video (of EMO)~~
Explanation/How We Did It
ROS Software Design
Thanks to: Professor Silberman Dominic Ivan Professor De Oliveira as well as the other teams.