Team 8 - Team Members
- Colin Riccio - Mechanical Engineering
- Brian Pack - Mechanical Engineering
- Carolin Lehmacher - Electrical Engineering
Robot and Mechanical Design
Robocar - Project
The picture on the right shows our Robocar and part of the wiring for our used project.
The camera mount is designed with two mounting holes to be able to mount the camera stably at different angles. The food of the mount is screwed into the chassis with four screws.
- Jetson Nano 2GB
- USB Camera
- Xerun 360
- Anti spark switch
- 12V to 5V Converter
- Flipsky mini
The following picture shows the wiring of the robocar used for the project.
Autonomous Lab using ROS
The following video shows a short sequence of the autonomous labs of Team 8 using ROS.
Speed Sign Recognition
For this project, we are using ROS, motor speed feedback and DNN image recognition to dynamically change the driving speed of the car in response to speed limit signs.
What we did:
- started with getting the docker running
- calibrated the car for the speed control
- researched encoder theory and what we need for controlling the speed of the car
- reading output from the hall sensors
- setting a speed limit
- learning OpenCV
- printed out speed signs
- collected data for the image recognition
- recognizing the different speed signs
- integrating speed control and sign recognition into ROS