Team 2 attempted to achieve object avoidance by incoorporating a 360° RPLIdar along with the camera, and controlling their operation using ROS (Robot Operating System).
Welcome to team2 ECE148 Wiki page. In this class, we build and utilized a remote-controlled car. In this page, we will cover the details behind the design of the RC car and demonstrate results. The goal in this class was to perform the following tasks:
- Autonomously drive on an indoor track
- Autonomously drive on an outdoor track
- Obstacle avoidance using RPLidar and ROS
- Chen Du (ECE grad)
- Jingying Chen (MAE undergrad)
- Marshall Garcia (MAE undergrad)
- Tina Kafel (ECE undergrad)
RC Car details
- RC Car hardware:
- RC Car software:
- About ROS
- ROS and RPLidar
- What is an RPLidar?
Lidar is a device that measures the distance to a target by sending pulsed laser beams and receiving the reflected beams with a sensor. The accuracy of lidar is more accurate than other sensors of similar nature such as IR sensor or ultrasonic sensor.
- ROS and Donkey car