Difference between revisions of "2019WinterTeam2"
|Line 23:||Line 23:|
Revision as of 00:23, 25 March 2019
Team 2 attempted to achieve object avoidance by incoorporating a 360° RPLIdar along with the camera, and controlling their operation using ROS (Robot Operating System).
Welcome to team2 ECE148 Wiki page. In this class, we build and utilized a remote-controlled car. In this page, we will cover the details behind the design of the RC car and demonstrate results. The goal in this class was to perform the following tasks:
- Autonomously drive on an indoor track
- Autonomously drive on an outdoor track
- Obstacle avoidance using RPLidar and ROS
- Chen Du (ECE grad)
- Jingying Chen (MAE undergrad)
- Marshall Garcia (MAE undergrad)
- Tina Kafel (ECE undergrad)
RC Car details
- RC Car hardware:
- RC Car software:
- ROS [ROS Wiki]
- The ROS Wiki explains ROS in great details. Here is a sum of the content learned from this webpage for the project.
- What is an RPLidar? Lidar is a device that measures the distance to a target by sending pulsed laser beams and receiving the reflected beams with a sensor. The accuracy of lidar is higher than other sensors of similar nature, such as an IR sensor or an ultrasonic sensor. An RPLidar is a 360-degree 2D lidar. The RPLidar used in our project is the A1M8 12M range model. A1M8 is based on laser triangulation ranging principle and uses high-speed version acquisition and processing hardware. This system measures distance data more than 8000 times per second.
- ROS and Donkey car