The goal of our project is to follow a person using IR sensors. Under real world circumstances, the concept of our project can be applied to indoor self-following shopping cart system for supermarkets. The car can follow a person who has an IR LED patch attached at a certain range.
Jose Manuel Rodriguez - ME
Yuan Chen - ME
Jason Nan - BENG: BSYS
Po Hsiang Huang - EE
- Plate and Camera Mount
- The camera is designed to be adjustable and can be easily locked in place with a screw and a nut. During our training, we need to find the optimal camera angle thus making the camera stand adjustable saved us a lot of time. The stand for the Structure Sensor is set to 30 degree of inclination since the camera itself has a wide range of view of 160 degrees and it needs to capture the IR patch that is attached to the back of a person. The Acrylic platform is printed with Laser-cut machine. Multiple mounting holes are cut for variety of mounting hardware choices if applicable.
- Circuit Diagram
- Below is the circuit diagram for the robot car setup. A emergency stop circuit is used using a relay which can be remotely controlled. This adds extra safety during the test and training. Two LEDs are used to indicating the connection. Blue means circuit is connected and the car can be controlled by the controller, and red means circuit is cut-off.
- Indoor Circuit
- Here is a video of 7 laps of indoor driving
- Outdoor Circuit
- Here is a video of 3 laps of outdoor driving
- Target Following using Structure Sensor
- Neural Network
- IR Patch
- Integrate to Donkey Framework